It’s not unusual to hear people say that sometimes travel can be inspirational. You move away from your current state of being, let an experience bring about a change in you, expand your horizons, and alter your outlook on life. But sometimes, it takes a little guidance to allow somethings to inspire you – and pearls of wisdom by those who understand the value of travel do just that. Let the words of those whose lives have been changed by their voyages be a guide for you to embark on that life-altering journey.
Below is a list of JenJon’s collection of travel quotes that may serve to push your limits, or spark your wanderlust at the very least!
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
- “The world is a book and he who doesn’t travel only reads one page.” – St. Augustine
- “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLain
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
- “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson, Travels with a Donkey in the Cevenne
- “The journey is the destination.” ― Dan Eldon
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
- “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”― Unknown
- “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.”― Anthony Bourdain
- “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”― Henry David Thoreau
- “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.”― Agnes Repplier
- “It sounds so far away and different. I like different places. I like any places that isn’t here.”― Edna Ferber
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” ― Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but, by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.”― Maya Angelou
- “How you live your life is up to you. You have to go out and grab the world by the horns. Rope it before it ties you down and decides for you.” ― Sarah Reijonen
- “The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes ‘sight-seeing’.”― Daniel J. Boorstin
Have a favorite travel quote? Share it with us on our Facebook page or reach out to us on Twitter!